The following research and development projects benefit and support HEP, ATLAS, and US ATLAS computing:
- DRAGON: Dynamic Resource Allocation via GMPLS Optical Networks.
- GUMS: The Grid User Management System for mapping grid identities to site resources.
- LambdaStation: Exploiting advanced networks in data-intensive high-energy physics applications.
- OSCARS: ESnet's On-Demand Secure Circuits and Advance Reservation System.
- TeraPaths: The TeraPaths QoS project for end-to-end, guaranteed-bandwidth, virtual network paths through advanced research networks.
- UltraLight: An ultra-scale information system for data-intensive research.